Constitution Address: Article 4C/6a
The archives subcommittee is a collection of people who are interested in Bedlam’s past. They:
- Organise the archive
- Organise the library
In particular though they:
- Organise the archives (Ogg Office), searching through past minutes and posters
- Keep the wiki updated with new infomation they discover
- Have regular events where you can search through the archives if you are interested.
- Act as a point of infomation for history on past events, shows, meetings etc.
- Assisting the Alumni Liaison Officer with archive stuff
- Help in recording and distributing show recordings.
- Organise and maintain the bedlam library
- Send off to the British Library and maintain a collection of old EUTC orginial writing.
- Get more archives members!
- Archivist Lois Zon
- Librarian George Manchester
- Convenor Matthew Marsland
- Convenor George Manchester
- Member Lois Zon
- Member Alexander Mohan Morzeria-Davis
- Member Nancy Strahan
- Member Mick Zijdel
End-of-year reports are reports that subcommittees write at the end of the year, detailing their duties and how things went for them.
- 2020-2021 | Matthew Marsland, George Manchester, Amy Yeo, Lois Zon, Mick Zijdel, Alexander Mohan Morzeria-Davis, and Nancy Strahan
- 2020 | A#2 | Archivist and Librarian added
- 2019-2020 | Laura Hounsel, Matthew Marsland and George Manchester
- 2019 | A#0 | Archives Subcommittee formed, duties transferred from the Archivist and Librarian
The archivist has a long and detailed history dating back to at least 2002, when many new bedlamites had yet to come into existance. This list is still an ongoing search because archivists don’t ever think to record their own history it seems.
- 2017-2018 | Rui Zhang
- 2016-2017 | Alex Greenwald
- 2015-2016 | Alex Greenwald
- 2014-2015 | Louise Spence
- 2013-2014 | Mark Borthwick
- 2012-2013 | Ian Culleton
- 2011-2012 | Athina Kefalopoulos
- 2010-2011 | Sally Gascoigne
- 2010 | Position moved to the Projects Subcommittee
- 2009-2010 | Becka O’Sullivan
- 2008-2009 | Rebecca White
- 2007-2008 | Richard Dennis
- 2006-2007 | Cat Hoyle
- 2005-2006 | Graeme Wright | they describe it as being ‘Show Archivist’
- 2004-2005 | Adam Millard
- 2003-2004 | Lucy Kirkwood
- 2002-2003 | Anna Halford, from Feb 2003(?) David Reed
- 2001-2002 | Melody Vaughan
- 2001 | Position created (Committee)
2004 There was talk of moving position of archivist was made a non-committee position, but then also talk about maybe voting it into a non-constitutionally-mentioned extra position by voting in a GM? unsure what happened
The Librarian was created in 2007 and has the unique distinction of being the first ‘stable’ ‘non-committee’ ‘elected’ position to really exist. It is therefore responsible for pretty much all the other non-committee elected positions today which is a dubious distinction.
"If you like books too
There is a job description
On the bedlam site" - Marina Johnson
- 2021-2022 | George Manchester
- 2020-2021 | Amy Yeo
- 2020 | A#2 | Position reinstated in the Archives Subcommittee
- 2019 | A#0 | Position removed, duties transferred to the Archives Subcommittee
- 2019-2020 | Matthew Marsland
- 2018-2019 | Angela O’ Callaghan
- 2017-2018 | Becca Chadder
- 2016-2017 | Ethan Roos
- 2015-2016 | Marina Johnson
- 2014-2015 | Marina Johnson
- 2013-2014 | Lauren Moreau
- 2012-2013 | Charlotte Hodge
- 2011-2012 | Callum O’Dwyer
- 2010-2011 | Alex “Fernie” Fernandes
- 2010 | Position moved to the projects subcommittee
- 2009-2010 | Neville Billimoria
- 2008-2009 | Felix Trench
- 2007-2008 | Felix Trench
- 2007 | Position created (non-Committee)
The A#n format is used to reference which Amendment is responsible for the change.